The iPhone 12 mini is the smallest version of the iPhone 12 that Apple will release this year. This compact smartphone will be in stores from November 2020. Read all about the iPhone 12 mini here!
Everything about the iPhone 12 mini
In the fall of 2020, Apple released a series of new iPhones . In addition to the iPhone SE 2020 , which has been available for some time , there is also a completely new iPhone 12 series. The smallest model is the iPhone 12 mini. It is equipped with a 5.4-inch screen and is intended as an entry-level model for people who want the latest technology, but in a compact device. In this article you can talk about the iPhone 12 mini!
iPhone 12 mini in short
These are the main features of the iPhone 12 mini:
- Smaller successor to the iPhone 11 from 2019
- Pre-order starts November 6, 2:00 PM, release November 13
- Entry-level model in new 5.4-inch format
- 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display
- Screen is equipped with Ceramic Shield and therefore more resistant to fall
- Design goes back to iPhone 4 and is flatter and more angular
- Available in the colors blue, green, red, white and black
- Storage sizes 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Runs on super fast A14 Bionic processor
- The same functions as the regular iPhone 12 , but in a smaller size
- Equipped with 5G internet
- Two camera lenses on the back (12 megapixels)
- Starting price € 809 at Apple
What makes it unique?
Many features are identical to the larger model with 6.1-inch screen. Still, the mini has some unique features:
- It is the smallest 5G smartphone in the world.
- The price is € 100 lower than the regular iPhone 12.
- The mini is very compact and is even physically smaller than the latest iPhone SE 2020.
- The 5.4-inch screen size for a mid-range device is rarely seen from other manufacturers.
- At 476 ppi, the mini has the highest pixel density for extra sharp images and texts.
There are two drawbacks:
- Due to the smaller battery , the battery life is also slightly shorter: 15 hours of video playback instead of 17 hours on the large iPhone 12.
- Charging with the MagSafe Charger takes place at 12 Watt , instead of 15 Watt.
Release: when will the iPhone 12 mini be released?
The iPhone 12 mini will go into pre-order from Friday, November 6 . You can be ready to order the device from the Apple Store or your favorite web store or provider from 2 p.m. The first aircraft will be delivered on November 13.
iPhone 12 mini: five colors
The iPhone 12 mini has a colorful appearance. You can choose from no less than five colors: blue, green, red, white and black. These are the same colors as the iPhone 12. This year there is mainly interest in the new color blue, which has a beautiful deep blue color. If you prefer a subtle color blue, then you better choose the
iPhone 12 mini: storage
The cheapest model has 64GB of storage. This is sufficient for many people, but if you are used to taking a lot of photos or if you really want to use your device for years, we recommend going a step higher and opting for 128GB storage. This only costs 50 euros extra and you will enjoy it more in the long run.
Design and screen
With this iPhone 12 mini, Apple goes back to the design of the much-loved iPhone 4 series. Instead of curves, the screen is now completely flat and the sides of the device are flat. This creates a more rectangular design, which is in line with the recent iPads . This device is small and light and the front consists almost entirely of screen. There is still a notch present.
Apple has switched to OLED in all iPhone 12 models . This produces a better quality screen, which Apple calls Super Retina XDR. The screen is extra reinforced by a so-called Ceramic Shield, which means there is 4x less chance of fall damage. Another special feature is that it has the highest pixel density of all models.
Functions and hardware
This small iPhone, like the other models in the iPhone 12 family, runs on a powerful A14 Bionic chip. These chips are made by Apple itself and are best in class, because the hardware and software can be closely matched. The new chip is more energy efficient and contains a Neural Engine that can perform as many as 11 trillion calculations per second. This takes care of all the smart functions, such as person recognition for the camera and the merging of multiple images into an optimal photo.
The iPhone 12 mini also features 5G support. In addition, all common 5G frequencies are supported in the so-called Sub-6GHz bands. To save energy and data, the iPhone falls back to 4G for tasks that don’t require a fast internet connection.You don’t get a power adapter and earplugs with this model. Only a USB-C to Lighting cable is included in the box.