The Canyon RoadLite: On AL 8.0 is a slightly more affordable version of the RoadLite: On AL 9.0 that we tested . We therefore invite you to read the full review of the model 9.0. Version 8.0 is equipped with a 12-speed XT derailleur (11-42) against an XTR model also offering 12 speeds, but a little lighter on the 9.0. The wheels are also different, which ultimately translates into 500 grams more on the scale for the Canyon Roadlite: On AL 8.0 compared to the 9.0, a difference which – in our opinion – does not change the dynamic characteristics, nor the autonomy of the bike. The RoadLite model : On AL 8.0 is currently sold for € 3,300 at Canyon , for a quality / price ratio that we consider a little less interesting than that of the RoadLite: On 7.0 sold only € 2,500.
- MSRP €3,299
- Weight 34.0 lbs / 15.4 kg
- Frame Aluminum
- Fork Carbon
- Wheels 650b / 700c
- Drivetrain 1 × 12
- Groupset XT
- Motor Fazua 250W 60Nm mid-drive
- Battery Fazua 250Wh
- Brakes Hydraulic Disc
Canyon Roadlite On AL 8.0 – Conclusion
The Fazua Evation motor integrated in this Canyon RoadLite: On 8.0 bike – more affordable version of the RoadLite: On AL 9.0 that we tested – is a real success and will certainly appeal to all those looking for a hybrid electric bike to let off steam on the flat without suffering in the climbs. We can reproach him for his anemic equipment which is not suitable for bicycle use, but what a pleasure to drive, far from utility VAE of more than 20 kg.
- Driving pleasure.
- Perfect hybrid use (engine on the climbs, muscular on the flat).
- IOS / Android app with lots of data.
- Complete setting of assistance modes on computer.
- Reduced equipment (no stand, no mudguard, no chain guard).
- Obligation to take out the battery to start the engine (soon corrected by the new 250X battery).