Maintain your refrigerator – In order to guarantee optimal use, it is important to maintain and use the refrigerator properly.
Maintain your refrigerator: Maintenance starts with cleaning:
the inside of the refrigerator : Using water with soap added. This cleaning should be done at least once a month. Concerning the freezer part. This must be defrosted regularly, before a layer of frost of more than 5 minutes is reached. Defrost when the compartment is empty or lightly loaded
from outside the refrigerator: Clean the walls with water and washing-up liquid. Twice a year, dust the grid located behind the refrigerator, ensuring the correct operation of the cooling circuit. Check the refrigerator gasket. For this you can close your door on a piece of paper. If it comes easily when you pull on it, the seal needs to be changed.
- Avoid overloads, they may hinder the distribution of cold.
- Leave space between foods to facilitate air circulation.
- Remove any commercial overpacks (cardboard pack)
- Distribute the food in the zones of the refrigerator if this one has a static
- Wrap foods before placing them in the refrigerator.
- Wait for the preparations to cool completely before storing them without the refrigerator.
- Limit the door openings.
- Defrost the freezer regularly if the refrigerator does not have a ventilated cooling system.
- In the event of prolonged absence, empty the refrigerator, unplug it, defrost it and clean it.
- Leave the door open to prevent bacteria growth and mold growth.